Monday, December 24, 2012

Fun in the kitchen!

We had some friends around for drinks yesterday arvo, so I enjoyed putting some nibbling platters together.

The fruit cheese going down the middle of the above photos is really simple to make and delicious. I find the supermarket fruit cheeses a bit plasticy. The one above is Apricot and Almond and all you do is buy a block of Phildelphia Cream Cheese, allow to soften and then mix in dried diced apricots (Australian ones!) and diced or flaked almonds. Roll into a log and wrap in alfoil, then place in fridge. When ready to use, just slice into discs. They last in the fridge for quite a while. I usually do 2 logs.

I also made some Spicy Meatballs and served with a toothpick and some sweet chilli sauce for dipping. They were baked not fried...so much easier and better for you.
 
The recipe was:
500g chicken mince
½ cup sweet chilli sauce
¼ cup coriander
½ cup coconut
1 cup breadcrumbs
Mix together, roll into balls and place on lined baking tray and bake in a moderate over for around 10-15 mins.

This is not my photo...I forgot to take one once I'd cooked them but they looked like this!

I hope you are enjoying getting into the spirit of Christmas too.






4 comments:

Anonymous said... Reply to comment

yummy Annette thankyou for sharing these lovely recipes,merry xmas to you and your lovely family.xx

Pip said... Reply to comment

I love the apricot,almond and cream cheese combo, sometimes I roll my logs in toasted almonds, glad I ' m not the only one that finds the supermarket ones a bit odd

Joolz said... Reply to comment

Oh, that cheese log wouldn't last long with me! That sort of thing s my biggest downfall! Hope your Chrissy was nice, mine was a bit upside down, will blog about it later today. :)

Shabby Brocante, Karen said... Reply to comment

Looks beautiful. I ave never heard of fruit cheese before! Interesting! I might try that!
Karen

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...